Friday, October 3, 2014

Blog Post 7

1. I believe I still have a lot to learn about PBL. I wouldn't be ready to go into a classroom today and confidently use it as a tool. My strengths with it is that I really like projects so I'd be excited about teaching them and watching the kids make their own. The new way of teaching with all the technology is still so new to me though, since I was taught things so differently. So I still have a ways to go in understanding it fully. I also need to familiarize myself with all the tools and technology the kids are using nowadays.

2.How to make a QR code
I learned from these couple of videos how to make a recording. I learned this is a great tool to help students but not be actually teaching them. They kind of have to just listen to the recording and use it as a guide to what they're doing.

iPad in the Reading Center
I really liked this tool. Basically a child reads and records himself. Then he goes back and listens to the recording he made and reads along with it. This helps the child hear it twice and check for mistakes. I think this was one of my favorite tools because they are somewhat teaching themselves how to read and I think that's pretty cool.

Poplet as a Center
This form of technology seemed to me to be a tool for summarizing. It has a simple layout that's easy for kids to use to summarize a story they just read or something. I liked this and would probably like to use this in my classroom one day. It makes summarizing easier and more understandable.

Virtual Library
This tool helps kids with their vocabulary. It's very simple, all they have to do is type a word in the search engine and get the definition. Then they can compare the other words they have in a list.

How to use and build a board in DE/ Share Board Builders
This tool allow students to make interesting projects and layout information in a fun way. It's very visual, it's good for keeping kids attention.

We all become learners
This video showed me that even teachers are still learning. And more importantly teachers are still learning from their students. Even the very young ones are sometimes better at using technology than we are. It's pretty crazy. Talk about the student hath surpassed the teacher!


A Poplet about the sea

2 comments:

  1. You did a good post with some great points. These resources have a lot to offer in so many different ways within a classroom and I think the kids would actually enjoy using the iPads in the classroom for learning as well.

    ReplyDelete