Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Blog Post #8

First off he talks about childhood dreams. As he lists them, you can see these are big dreams, several of them most people never get to do. But that's something I learned from this video is that kids dream big. And as we get older, a lot of us don't dream as big. We tend to shrink our dreams down into what we assume are more manageable pieces and that's sad. I also learned that (if we carry our dreams with us out of childhood) we may accomplish some of our dreams, others we may not. But we can learn things from both experiences. Failing or succeeding, they both always teach us something. Also, sometimes our dreams change. We try something out and then we realize it wasn't what we expected it to be or it just doesn't satisfy us in the way we want it to.

Being a teacher is probably the best way to enable childhood dreams. I like how he said that you can't put a bar up for students. I as a student know that if someone says, "Do this and you'll get an A" then that is exactly what I am going to do and nothing more. Not giving them a specific level to reach allows children to go above and beyond, surprising their teachers and maybe even themselves.

This video taught me many things I want in myself when I become a teacher. I want to teach kids to make goals and truly work towards them. I want to teach them to try and learn from every experience, good or bad, success or failure. Also to never cap themselves off, to always push to impress more and be better than before. And finally to work as a team and to pull their weight. They should learn to never let their team down and learn how to become close with the people they work with.


Girl with balloons and it says: if you never chase your dreams, you will never catch them

2 comments:

  1. Good post, Ashton!
    Lots of personal opinions and they're awesome. I liked the point you made about how as we get older we "shrink" our dreams. It's terrible :(
    I will say that it is harder for us, as college students, to keep our dreams big with everything on our plate, but it's also really important to challenge ourselves.
    Also, make sure you include some links in your posts and modify the title tag on your picture! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. You need to add a working link to the post. Also, your picture does not have a title modifier.

    I think watching this video was one of my favorite assignments when I took the class. I learned a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete