Sunday, November 30, 2014

Blog Post #5 Part 2

My Personal Learning Networks have grown throughout the semester. I've talked to some teachers that I'd love to stay in touch with. Two of those were met during my observation hours. One taught 1st grade and the other taught 3rd. I loved both of their views and how they taught. Another is the teacher I interviewed for Project #10. I had her for a teacher and she's just awesome. I know I could go to her with any question and she'd give me a very straight answer. Here is my video of her: (Mrs.Anita).
I think I'd like to start subscribing to some blogs to follow. Blogs will be a great way to see how other teachers use their skills and can give me some ideas of how I might want to set up my own classroom. They are also a good way to meet other teachers and contact them. I can comment with questions or even find their e-mail address. I also love the idea of using Youtube. Youtube is a great tool to use. If I don't understand something, there are always thousands of Youtube videos I can refer to. One other website to use is Pinterest. It seems kind of dumb to people who don't use it, but Pinterest is such a great place to keep everything organized, which is great for me because I like organization!
Things I would most likely not use would be Twitter. I very rarely get on my normal twitter anymore. It just really ran its course very quickly. I just know that I would not get on it very often. Also, as much as I love Instagram, I can't see it being a very useful PLN. Perhaps if I search hashtags for teacher's rooms or something, it could give me ideas. I just don't see it being incredibly helpful.
All in all, there are lots of opportunities to form PLNs. Whether it be on the internet or real life. I can't wait to see what the future of my PLNs is. I'm sure I will meet many more teachers, read more blogs, find more things on Pinterest and watch more videos (probably hundreds of those). These will only expand my being as a teacher. They will help improve who I am and what I want to be.

The word pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment