Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Summary Post C4T Teacher #4

Post #1
I posted on a blog called Ideas and Thoughts. The author wrote about how data and numbers ruin the game. He told a story how he was playing golf and had a great time and played fairly well, but not great. He was so focused on the fact that his numbers were bad that it took the enjoyment out of the beautiful, fun day he had. He said the same applies for people learning. I responded by saying that I do the same thing sometimes. I ride horses competitively and I may have a great round, but make a small mistake and end up with a fifth place ribbon instead of first. So then I'm too disappointed that I didn't take the class to focus on how great me and my horse just worked together and how much fun I had. I then said I see how it applies to learning also. We need to figure out how to take some of the focus and pressure off the grades and keep learning fun and optimistic.
Ideas and Thoughts
My horse Scooby jumping a jump at a show

Post #2 I posted on A GeekyMomma's Blog. Her post was about how we don't discipline students anymore. Now teachers get in trouble if they try to do anything to make a student behave. I agreed with her. Kids are allowed to get away with everything and teachers can't say anything. We need to change this way of thinking.
A GeekyMomma's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment